Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - Setting Schedule for motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor

Hi i am trying to set my Arlo Q for the motion detection, but i want it to come on at 21:00 at night and go off at 03:00 in the morning, but it keeps telling me that the stop time cant be before the start time, but it isnt ? im confused.

also the motion seems very sensative, and i have it set at 1 can it go any lower?

Regards

Carl

3 REPLIES 3
Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor

Also ive just noticed, if i were to sign up for the CVR function that would stop the motion alerts, but i cant seem to find how to sign up? when i tap on the CVR upgrade now tab it just takes me to the normal subscription plan page Basic, Premier and Elite, but nothing for CVR recording?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To run a schedule thru midnight, you must break it into 2parts....

for you start at 9 pm to 11:59,   Then next day start at 12 midnight to 3 am

As to sense level , no the lowest is 1. If you think it's not working right, u could do a reset of the Q by holding the reset button till the front led flashes

Then resync and bring back as new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor

Hi TomMac,

thanks again for your invaluable help, that worked a treat with the settings.

I'll give the reset a go later when i get home, as it only arrived today in the post so havent much chance to play with it before i set off for work, but i took your advice from my first question about which camera to get, and ive got it sat in my window, and it works a treat, i have the night vision turned off and the picture seems clear from first glance, (apart from i forgot to remove the protective placstic covering the lens, so it seem a little fuzzy at the moment) but i have the motion set at 1 and its still picking up people walking on the other side of the road, and cars going past, 15 plus metres away, and its in the middle of the night, i would dread to think what it could see if it was set at 10.

Regards

Carl