Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Power Adapter Noise

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bignicknicknick
Tutor
Tutor
I just set up my Arlo Q and I'm very impressed. I do notice a very faint hissing/noise coming from the adapter area where it's plugged in.

Everything is working properly and the back of the camera is a bit hot - is this normal?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q will run warm to the touch  ... normal. ( btw, if it gets to hot it has a thermal shutdown )

As to noise, could it be from the speaker?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bignicknicknick
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks.

It's definitely coming from the Netgear AC Power Plug. From about 2 feet or less I can hear a little "hissing" type noise coming from the adapter/plug in area. I tried it using another outlet and it still happens. It's almost like I can hear the adapter "working" while taking in power - it's nowhere near the camera.

Can you hear that? Not sure if I need to contact Netgear.
TrulsZK
Apprentice
Apprentice
My 2 Power adapters are silent. As this is a standard USB adapter can you try it with another charger E.g. iPad charger.
Do you have more than one camera and can try to swap the adapterers
I recommend at least 2A, but not sure how much the camera will draw
I assume it is almost 2A (1A is not enough as the adapter in the box is at least 2A>
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bignicknicknick,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC