Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
KZO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a lot of problems using the software on the app (on Android) and in a browser (Chrome).  I have two cameras, both with CVR plan.  I'm experiencing an array of problems, I don't know if they are connected: 

1) In app, live view frequently does not work and I either get nothing, or audio only (black screen).  

2) When CVR playback works on android app, frequently it has no sound.

3) In Chrome, live view almost never works (I get a "Please Wait" that eventually times out), and CVR playback usually does not work (loading symbol times out).  I am using quick internet with no other connection problems, only problem is with Arlo.

4) When live view or playback does work on android app, it is often spotty, and freezes frequently.  

I'm using this system to check in on childcare in my home and these problems are making it virtually unusable.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Chrome , with it's new update  a week ago, has toggled off FLASH.

What your describing sound like flash issues... turn them on and it should be ok.

Or try Fire Fox.

thread;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-cameras-will-not-stream-live-image/m-p/1333915#M1...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KZO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I've confirmed Flash is on, and I still have the issue.  Also tried in Firefox, and same thing.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KZO,

Consider rebooting your Arlo Q and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

jocities
Initiate
Initiate

I have Arlo Q running firmware 1.8.3.1_13001 and device works fine on the basic plan but when i add the camera to CVR it displays this message  (The streaming service is reporting that the camera is not streaming please check if the camera is connected to the internet else reboot it and try again)

I have tried re booting several times also have reset the device twice, Multiple browsers and android app still nothing. I have a gigbit fibre connection. The issue is definitely with the CVR service as it works totally fine when camera is running in standard/Basic mode

Its even passing emails saying it can detect motion or sound but camera just keeps displaying that message 

Screenshot of Arlo Smart Home Security Cameras - Home Monitoring - Arlo by NETGEAR.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried it with mine with no issues.  Don't know if it would be a network or hardware issue.  Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

MountainMadness
Guide
Guide

This has been a problem for a long time for anyone trying to use Live view with a CVR plan.  There are several other posts here on this topic.  I've had a support ticket open with Netgear for several months about this and this is the last I heard about 1 month ago.  I am still seeing the same problem.

"We're currently aware of a problem with CVR, and our QA team is in the process of testing a fix for the problems you've been experiencing."