Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q FW will not update

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tripnman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pursuant to information gleened from other posts, I first reset the camera (using the reset button on the device) then deleted and re-installed it. No joy. Seem to be stuck at FW 1.74_5517. The mobile app and browser both tell me that version 1.8.3.1_13001 is the most current. When I attempt upgrade, the light on the cam starts flashing, the app says that a firmware update is happening, then nothing changes. The app no longer says an update is available, until I restart it. Then the message comes back.

The cam has been on for three days and I watched it go through midnight FW update routines three times - with no change.

Please advise. It appears that with the older FW I am missing features such as longer recording times. Push to talk also does not work (iOS 11.0.2). I would like to get full function from this product to it can be truely evaluated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tripnman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update: deleted and reinstalled app. Only thing I can do remotely. Now I get a message that Arlo only supports 5 simultaneous streams and that I need to stop one before viewing. I only have one camera! Can’t wait to box up and return.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Janice805
Star
Star

Same thing is happening to me trying to add a new camera today.  I'm awaiting an answer also 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your Internet speeds?  Low speeds can cause the lack of a firmware update.  Temporarily moving the cameras to a different location with faster Internet can be useful.  You'll need to connect to the other WiFi and again back to your WiFi to do this - not hard but extra steps needed.  A reset  may be useful when trying this. Be sure to remove the camera in Setting, My Devices when doing this.

Janice805
Star
Star

My speeds are over 200 mbps and 12 on the upload and all the cameras can see the router (no walls).  I have no trouble streaming shows.  It's OK though.   So today, I'm returning the two new ones.  I still have four remaining.

I do have another problem though.  Two of my four cameras using night vision, have a white smear in the middle of the video, like a horizontal ghost, but not.  Can you point me to where I can find an answer to why two cameras have washed out spots?  That is aggravating.  BTW.  I called technical support yesterday and she really had no idea.

Tripnman
Aspirant
Aspirant
This hardware is useless. Cam is now non responsive to remote commands. What’s the point of a network camera if you have to drive two hours to power cycle it every few hours?
Tripnman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update: deleted and reinstalled app. Only thing I can do remotely. Now I get a message that Arlo only supports 5 simultaneous streams and that I need to stop one before viewing. I only have one camera! Can’t wait to box up and return.
nage
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

the same problem here. I just bought the camera and got it delivered today.

If I install the firmware update manually, next time when i start the app, it will show again that an update is available.

When I reboot the camera, the camera automatically tries to install the update (LED blinking amber and blue). But this also fails and in the app it shows again that an update is available.

And talking about the camera does not work with this version either.

Firmware 1.7.4_5517
LG G6 with Android 7.0

Regards
Nage
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your Internet speeds?  That has been an issue for others.

Have you tried a reset of the camera?

nage
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 50 MBit download and 10 MBit upload speed. I think it's more then enough. 😉

Yes, I have tried a reset.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a bad camera. Ask for a replacement or open a case with support here.

nage
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is solved. Last night, the camera has been updated to the latest firmware.

Tripnman
Aspirant
Aspirant
My problem has been solved too... The camera has been returned in favor of another system.