Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BUTTERCHEDDARS
Initiate
Initiate

I"m aware of how the Arlo Q works and the requirement to have internet; and that one can't use direct wifi. i'm also aware the new Arlo Baby solves this dilemma and eliminates / reduces the latency. Will NetGear release an update that allows Arlo Q to do the same? (work without internet, directly via WIFI with very little latency)?

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are discussions on this topic within the Arlo Idea Exchange. The Arlo development team routinely reviews these posts for ideas on how to improve and introduce new features to the Arlo system.

I encourage you to visit these discussions and offer your support by adding Kudos.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

BUTTERCHEDDARS
Initiate
Initiate

I have reviewed this in the idea exchange and it's listed as implemented in latest product.  however it's not implemented in the Arlo Q, but the new baby monitor.  I have 6 Arlo Q; is negear suggesting I should buy 6 Arlo baby monitor to get the "implemented in latest product) feature?.  I'll return all 6 of mine to Costo and do something different.  so the question remains, Will this feature be added to Arlo Q or not?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BUTTERCHEDDARS,

If this is something that can/will be implemented, the status of the idea will be updated to reflect the implementation. I don't have any information at this time on the potential implementation of this feature in the future

JamesC

sonyonlyman89
Initiate
Initiate

Is a direct connection using an IP address still in the works.  I purchased the Arlo Q plus with a POE connection thinking it will have no Latency.  I purchased it to be used as a baby monitor.  That few seconds makes a difference.  Being "Hardwired" I thought it would be instant.

Please upgrade firmware to fix this issue.

Thanks!!

NikosTsaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

A huge latency (more than 5 seconds)!! NO way (permission) for direct connection using the local network!! No clear intention to inform customer!! This is unbelievable and at the same time unacceptable!

PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN YOU WILL UPDATE THE  FIRMWARE TO FIX THIS ISSUE.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's clearly stated everywhere the there's no direct connection and that you must use the Internet to access everything. Sounds like you didn't do your homework.

NikosTsaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

sounds just like a farce.. It's also clearly stated everywhere the huge latency observed by several in the forum? In my opinion, with at least 7 seconds of delay, the term ''live video'' is misleading.
The real point to me it's to recieve a valuable service, preferably with internet connection. in fact, that was the main reason to i choosen this camera. Unfortunatelly, its peformance didn't satisfy my expectations.
Direct connection (local connection) was just an extra option to bypass the unsolved problem of latency.
Try to solve this issue of latency and nobody will mention again the alternative direct connection.