Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Connection Drops

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Second to my other thread about the camera speaker 2 way talk not working im now facing a bigger issue. 

The connection seems to drop. Ive tested this with 2 networks, 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Rebooting the modem, rebooting the router, re syning the camera several times, hardware resetting the camera, latest firmware, latest app, camera right next to a 300mbs wifi network.

Day 1 I was on the 5ghz network, I armed the camera and went to work. Half way through the day I couldnt go live on the camera with either the app or an internet broswer. Came home, walked passed the camera, no alerts and no recording. 

Thinking it could be the 5ghz network I switched to the 2.4ghz network when I got home. Armed the camera and went to bed. In the morning I woke up and walked past the camera, no alerts. Rebooted the camera and resync, armed and went to work. It lasted the whole day with me checking go live several times throughout the day. 

Got home, disarmed, later armed and went to bed. This morning, I walk past the camera, no notifications and the camera is offline. 

Unplugged the camera, plugged it in again now its back. 

Surely there isnt some kind of timeout on the camera that if its not being triggered it drops the connection?

I feel like this because it didnt drop during the day but I was checking on it every now and again. In the night, not so and it drops.

What am I missing?

Not getting anywhere with my 2 way speaker issue in another thread and now this, not sure how much longer im prepaired to stick with this netgear 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Sounds very much like a hardware issue. There's no timeout since the Q cameras stream constantly. Rather than continuing to beat yer head against a brick wall, open a case with support for this new issue. Hardware problems can't be solved here.