Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Cameras "Not Connected" in App. Tried resetting and rejoining my WiFi network.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ToneLoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

In the last couple of weeks, two of my Arlo Q cameras have stopped working.   They are connected to my router, and seem to be trying to connect out to the Internet, but the app says they are offline.   I even reset one of the two, had it rejoin my Wifi network, but the app isn't detecting it.    

I added a couple of screenshots, showing the cameras being connected to my router and that they are occasionally establishing communication out to some AWS EC2 instance.

Not sure how long ago this started.  Looks like at least more than a week ago. I also have a VMR3010r2 with 3 cameras and they continue to work normally.

Arlo App on iOS, up to date.  As I can't query the Arlo Q firmware right now, I have no idea what it is.  Just says hardware version 6.  

Anyone else seen this?  Pretty frustrating.  

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried force closing the app as well as the web client to see if there's a difference? WHat about restarting the phone and maybe reinstalling the app?

ToneLoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestions.  The Web App has the same answer for the remaining Arlo Q in my app.  I am happy to reinstall on iOS, but I think that suggests something else is wrong upstream.

Having two Q's, and resetting one of them to the same outcome, I don't know what else to think.  I can see them talking to something - why isn't that good enough?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No answers here. Since the logs can only be seen by Arlo support, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see what they have to say.