Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Cameras Buffering Has Become Extreme

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Midroc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution for my recent Arlo camera problem.

I have 2 Arlo Q cameras and 3 battery powered wire free cameras connected to a base station which is in turn connected  (wired) to the same router as the Q cameras. 

Recently the buffering for both Arlo Q  cameras has become extreme, to the point where the cameras are virtually useless as monitor units . The 3 other cameras, meanwhile are all functioning normally.

I called support and they were of no use at all. Despite this issue being reasonably common on the Arlo discussion site, their support acted as if it was completely unusual, and getting any constructive feed back from them was like wading through treacle.

Has anyone had a similar problem to mine that was able to be fixed?

I am open to any suggestion that might improve things.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the Qs are constantly streaming, try setting QoS (Quality of Service) in your router to reserve maybe 200kbps of upload speed. That may help depending on how much other outgoing traffic you have. what's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net?

Midroc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Average upload speed is between 12Mb/s and 16Mb/s. So I don’t think that is the issue here. It seems to be much worse since a recent app upgrade though I cannot guarantee that is the reason.
Very disappointing for a system that used to work very well.