Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Buffering take very long, when will it be fixed?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ionfreefly
Aspirant
Aspirant

The buffering takes about 6 seconds which results in a 6 second delay which makes 2 way audio worthless. This is not an issue with my network or connection as I have 2 other types of wireless cameras that provide a live feed with a delay of less that a second. I have also seen comparisons to other cameras and the main complaint is buffering and the delay. Are there plans to fix this with a firmware update?

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey lonfreefly,

Under normal operations, there is a slight delay when it comes to the buffer delay from your camera. However, if you're seeing a long delay, make sure to check that there is no interference going on between your camera and the base station.

Also check to see if you have the latest firmware updated for your camera and restart your camera to see if that could fix the problem.

Ionfreefly
Aspirant
Aspirant

The firmware is up to date and the camera shows 100% signal as it is the closes of all my cameras to the wifi. Also, my father has 2 of them with the same amount of delay which is very long compared to my other cameras. I have seen numerous posts here and reviews that all say the same thing: that this camera has a long buffer time. It is clearly a systemic problem with the way the information is handled by   the software/firmware. In addition, I expect a small delay as the data must first go through your servers but once again my other cameras go through cloud servers as well and  the delay I get from them is 6X less which actually allows me to have a conversation through the connection which is impossible with arlo.  Its not a hardware problem and should be fixed with updates if you want to compete better in the market.