Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bpg710
Guide
Guide

I was wondering if any Arlo Q owners can chime in on how well the 2 way audio works. Are there any delays, how well does the microphone pick up and is the speaker volume on the other end loud enough? I have a 4 camera system and the Arlo Q seems intriguing. I could really use 2 way audio but only if it works.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

bpg710 wrote:

I was wondering if any Arlo Q owners can chime in on how well the 2 way audio works. Are there any delays, how well does the microphone pick up and is the speaker volume on the other end loud enough? I have a 4 camera system and the Arlo Q seems intriguing. I could really use 2 way audio but only if it works.

There is a small amount of delay, but the audio gets handled a bit diff on differnt devices.

It seems to work best for me on the Ipad. Slight delay but the cat doesn't mind :). 

On the PC, the audio is echoed a bit and a sort of noise when the mic button is depressed.

One thing i have noticed, if your recording, the audio from you isn't included ,.... only what the mic hears at the remote site is captured.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bpg710
Guide
Guide

Thanks TomMac!

Besides the delay how's the speaker volume? Can the person on the other end hear you okay?

I have done research on other brand cameras with 2 way audio but the consensus is most have poor speaker output. It would be nice to inform a would be theif or trespasser to get out and that cops have been called. Well, only if they could hear it. 🙂

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

speaker volume needs some work, you need to be 10feet or closer to understand the speech coming out of it 

justintong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually, the speaker volume on my Arlo q is quite good. I have been able to hear my voice about 30-40 feet away when I was testing it. There is about a 2-3 second delay in the voice transmission.

bpg710
Guide
Guide

Thanks guys!

Hopefully, I'll be able to pick one up soon.