Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Spanos
Follower
Follower

When I open the app the cameras appear offline but the blue light of each camera indicates that the are online. Any suggestions what the problem might be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team has identified and resolved an issue that resulted in some users cameras showing offline. You may need to remove and reapply power to restart your camera to allow it to come back online. If you're still experiencing an issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team has identified and resolved an issue that resulted in some users cameras showing offline. You may need to remove and reapply power to restart your camera to allow it to come back online. If you're still experiencing an issue, please let us know.

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

For updates and more information regarding the cameras being offline please go to status.arlo.com

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are currently investigating this behavior you are seeing. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

22 REPLIES 22
Cina_Serge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sämtliche Arlo Q und Arlo Q Plus sind auf beiden Konten an verschiedenen Standorten seit heute offline. Serverprobleme?

ojix
Star
Star

(I have posted this repo to another thread, but looks like here is more appropriate)

I own three Arlo Qs at home and they worked just fine till today, but all of them suddenly went offline several hours ago. The motion sensor recoding stopped around 10:30 am Monday in Japan time.

They appear offline in Arlo Secure app v.5.0.1 (8380) in my iPhone and iPad mini (OS v.18.0), and at the My Alro website in my MacBook Pro (OS. v.15.0).

My home Wi-Fi and internet connection is normal, and other apps and devices are working fine.

What I have tried so far are;

- restart Arlo Secure app

- reboot iPhone and iPad

- reboot Wi-Fi router

I do hope this is just a kind of temporary system glitch, rather than Arlo's policy change.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

Same!!!

All my Arlo Q and Arlo Baby cameras went offline last night.

My Pro 2 cameras and all other devices are still operating normally.

Am not able to access cameras to do any troubleshooting right now. Of course really bad timing because this is when I need to be able to rely on the cameras.

However, it sounds like it's happened to others so likely an Arlo issue.

@JamesCHELP!

Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ojix wrote:

(I have posted this repo to another thread, but looks like here is more appropriate)

Please don't double-post.  Also it generally is best to start your own thread for your issue.  Mods will later consolidate them if they think that is appropriate.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

All my Arlo Q and Arlo Baby cameras went offline last night.  The Pro 2 cameras are still online.

There's another Post in the Arlo Q section of the community about the seemingly same issue. It seems like Arlo Q Plus cameras are down too.

Hopefully a reply and a fix will occur soon....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN my Q is also offline, even after a power cycle.

NMarCH
Aspirant
Aspirant

my arlo Q is also offline.

And no way to reconnect or add (in same WIFI, 2.4GHz, via PC or APP) after reset!

Baz154
Aspirant
Aspirant

From earlier today, all 5 of my ARLO Q cameras have gone offline. Router, phone and cameras rebooted but still not working.  Other ARLO cameras and video doorbell working via a hub to same router remain serviceable.

ojix
Star
Star

I am sorry.

I first posted to the thread "Free forever recording as promised for legacy product Arlo Q" instead of starting one by myself because I thought my trouble might be related to Arlo's End-of-Life Policy which terminates free 7-day cloud storage and other support for some old products, while it now appears unlikely.

Anyway, I will never do it again.

Jeromeche
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo baby has been offline (solid purple light) for the last few hours. 

i can still view on Apple home but not in Arlo app or google home app. 

I hope it’s just a server issue that can be fixed soon

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently investigating this behavior you are seeing. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

haas_a
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have 2 baby Arlo cameras that stopped working today. We removed the device and, after 6 hours of troubleshooting, are completely stuck on how to fix this. We've read through the community forum for tips and tricks to no avail. What I've tried:

> Factory reset several times

> Move it next to the router

> Reset the router

> Try sync via laptop instead of phone

> iPhone Home app

The Baby Arlo is showing up in the iPhone Home app, but I can't seem to add device via the Arlo app.

One possible issue is the Baby Arlo keeps showing on the router page as being connected to 5GHz (despite factory resets), although the phone/laptop with the Arlo app to Add Device is connected to a 2.4GHz. 

Thanks in advance!

TacoTuesday
Star
Star

All of my Arlo Q cameras are offline!

mmk-arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I own both 2 Arlo Baby and 2 Arlo Qs. The 2 Arlo Babies show solid purple light, but this seems false, because when I use only cellular on my phone, I can still see motion-prompted recordings being posted to the app, and I can see live stream through Apple's Home app. The problem is that in the Arlo app itself, they show as "disconnected" and you do not show live stream through the Arlo app. Even my router shows internet traffic flowing on all 4 cameras externally.

This looks like a sudden and common problem that others are posting about; Arlo staff, please fix ASAP. Maybe an issue sprouted by the most app software update, in part?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

For updates and more information regarding the cameras being offline please go to status.arlo.com

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

marcce
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of my Arlo Q's stopped working this morning. They are a combo of purple orange and blue lights. I can see them connected to the wifi network but the cameras will not connect.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@marcce 

There was a system issue that occured last night, and there were a couple posts about it that seemed to have been consolidated into one post somewhere that I can't quite find....

Anyway, it seems as if the issue was resolved, and my Arlo Q's and Arlo Baby's are back online. I didn't have to power-cycle or do anything.

Did yours come back? Maybe power-cycle the device, and then the router if that doesn't work?

RocketmanSFCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a first generation Essential Indoor Camera that I have connected to my system and used for a while (over a year). But periodically (once a month), the camera goes offline. When that happens, I'm typically unable to just power off/power on and have the system find the camera. So I go through Arlo's recommended process: resetting the camera to factory settings, deleting the camera from the app, and trying to add it again. Sometimes that works immediately, but often it doesn't. So I have to revisit periodically, like a few days later. And then magically, one day, it comes back up for another month or two.

Another camera in my house doesn't have this issue.

Both cameras have good access to our WiFi network.

I find this entire process really frustrating because I spend any time at all on it. Hoping the community might have advice.

Questions for the group:

1. Is this a common issue with Arlo? Essential cameras? First generation Essential cameras?
  2. What solutions might people recommend? I hope the answer isn't 'Upgrade to Essential 2nd Gen'.

Thanks for the help,

- Super Frustrated User

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @marcce 

Are you still experiencing the symptom, rebooting your device should help resolve this.

theblueflash
Aspirant
Aspirant

If someone can find that post it would be appreciated. I'm having similar issues. We had a thunderstorm a few days ago which I thought was the cause. 

Unfortunately my status lights are switched off so I wasn't aware of the issue. Only when I had several notifications of movement whilst in the house I tried to turn them off but they were supposedly offline.

Tried to reset them within the app but no options and no luck. 

Decided a day or so later to remove them altogether and add them to the app again but nothing I try works. I just get the error sound when the app searches for the camera. 

Tried leaving them a day unplugged. Tried resetting with the button. Tried connecting with the wpa WiFi method. Still nothing 

I'm aware that they are end of life in January '25 but may still operate so I had thought that was the reason and was about to toss them out thinking Arlo were getting round to it earlier.

I don't have a subscription either so maybe that's the reason?

Any help appreciated 

ClaudiaBerlin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem. 

Das Übliche probiert: Reset der Kamera, Router-Neustart, App neu installiert, aber nichts hatte Erfolg. 

Meine letzte Idee war, die Kamera in den Einstellungen meines Routers (Fritzbox) aus der Liste der mit dem Router verbundenen WLAN-Geräte zu entfernen. Dann wieder den Anmeldevorgang der Kamera gestartet… und dann funktionierte es.

Ob das nun die zündende Idee war oder nur Zufall, das weiß ich nicht…jedenfalls funktioniert die Kamera jetzt wieder 🙂