Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any way to backup a configuration?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jimfr
Guide
Guide

I just switched routers (from a NightHawk to an Eero mesh network) and my Arlo Q didn't survive the transition; no big deal.  I reinstalled the Q (btw, installation from my Android app failed, but installation from a Windows webpage worked fine.  

I had some scheduling done, and all that was lost; again, no big deal, but I was wondering if there's a way to backup all the configuration (schedules, modes, settings) in case I need to revert back to the NightHawk)?

Thanks for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, other than screenshots of your settings.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jimfr,

What behavior did you experience on the Android app that indicated the failure? Could you elaborate a bit more on this?

Thank you,

JamesC

Jimfr
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

As I remember, when I would add the device via the Android app, then go to the web app, that device (my only ArloQ) would not show up in my account.  So, I added it via the web app, then it showed up in both the web app and the Android app.

I was also unable to do any settings editing in the Android app, but that has been fixed in the latest update to the Android app....thanks!!!

Jim

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jimfr,

I am glad to hear you were able to get everything resolved and the Android app is now working for you as intended.

Thanks for the feedback!

JamesC