Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android Arlo app Geofencing grouped notifications

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

I don't know if this is an App change or whether I've changed anything.

I've searched my phone but I can't sort it:

I used to get individual notifications for Arlo. For example I have a permanent notification to tell me Arlo is running. I then used to get individual notifications for exiting and entering the GeoFence zone.

I'm now getting these GeoFence notifications grouped in with the running notification so I now need to open the notification, hit the down arrow and then left swipe to remove the GeoFence ones after I don't need them.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone/OS?  On Android, check the app permissions in the phone settings for geofencing. There's a Minimize toggle that performs this.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Yes I should have said, it is Android 11 on a Samsung S10.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

.... and without me doing anything it's now back to individual notifications !

The visible issue was that the Arlo app, for me via settings, has a permanent notification, top of screen.

When I go out and Geofencing triggers the out of zone alert it adds to the top notification so my 2 cameras add 2 more, so I have 3 top notifications, as I want it.

Then for a few days, had it before, it doesn't create new notifications but adds to the existing one.

Very odd but at the moment, solved.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Scratch that .......

I have 2 ArloQ in my house and 1 ArloQ in another house.

My 2 ArloQ group together with the 'Geofence is active' icon when they both enter/exit the zone and I get just one sound notification, used to be 2 back to back, but 2 visual notifications which, as I said, group together in with the permanent 'Geofencing is running' one.

My 1 ArloQ in the other house, when triggered, produces another notification so on my phone I see 2 Arlo icons in the top menu.

I think I'll have to live with it as I've scoured all settings and nothing is relevant to grouping.

I'll capture some screenshots later to help explain.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

This is what is happening with house 2 with the single Arlo, and how I expect it to work:

Notification:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Pa3Q8Vl.jpg[/img]

Main:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/i1v0Xmt.jpg[/img]

Individual entries

I'll grab the other house later.

Note: What I've done with the other house is to set the radius different so they don't both trigger together, let's see.....

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Just to finish this off ....

One day I get individual notifications and another it groups them together. Totally random. I doubt if it's an Arlo issue but Android.

I'll have to live with it.