Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alert but no videos

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
BobQ
Guide
Guide
I have my arlo Q set up to record video on motion detection. I got an alert last night that motion was detected and yet there are no recordings - I've checked the website as well as the app. I've double checked my settings and it is definitely set to record - where are my recordings ??

It had worked prior to the recent update and I also have been having issues with the image being inverted randomly since the update too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BobQ
Guide
Guide
It seems to be working normally now, it was on a custom setting (and still is), but has just started working without me changing anything, very weird. Looking back I realise that the time that I got the alert was at a time when my daughter had come out of her room in the night which would have triggered the motion sensor so there definitely ought to have been a recording.

I presume that it must have been a glitch with the app update as the camera picture was upside on the iPhone and iPad app post update, but normal on the website

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Missing videos have been reported and show up later but this seems unique. A quick try is to power cycle the base and see if anything changes. A quick workaround may be to enable email notifications so you at least get a link to a video.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BobQ,

Are you able to live stream and take a manual recording? Does this recording show up in the library? Are you using the default "Armed" mode or a custom mode? Was this a one time occurance or are you still noticing this?

JamesC

BobQ
Guide
Guide
It seems to be working normally now, it was on a custom setting (and still is), but has just started working without me changing anything, very weird. Looking back I realise that the time that I got the alert was at a time when my daughter had come out of her room in the night which would have triggered the motion sensor so there definitely ought to have been a recording.

I presume that it must have been a glitch with the app update as the camera picture was upside on the iPhone and iPad app post update, but normal on the website
alankraw
Initiate
Initiate

You find this acceptable? This is uuppose to be a "security" system. I have made a large investment on security for my home and it is glitchy? This is happenning more and more and Arlo needs to fix this issue. Today alone I have received 3 notifications with no video. I get home and there is a car parked in my driveway. I look at the footage and there is nothing!! that is not security.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Post screenshots for positioning suggestions.