Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Mimbriac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any help would be appreciated. I have a wirless ARLO aimed outside the front of my Townhome and a Q covering basically the inside downstairs (viewing area covers what i need).  Since my Q has some serious lag while recording or live (While watching myself I'll move my arm and it takes the camera about 5+ seconds to even register the move). 

I thought you could do this but now I'm not sure. I'd like the wirless to pickup motion by my front door and that trigger the Q to start recording.  Is this possible?  I tried to set up modes, rules, schdule, but the the software interface is so cumbersome. 

Also, maybe im not setup correctly but what is "Shared Devices"?  I noticed that is empty with no content in the settings.  Am i supposed to sync the wirless docing station to the Q or does that happen automatically when i set it up?  The Q and Wirless are bascially running independently.

Thanks for the help!

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo cams and the Q cam though they both appear on the same app/program can't be linked together ( like two Arlo cameras can;  tell cam A to start cam B record ).

They are armed and operate on their own.

SHARED devices are those that you allow another person to view.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Mimbriac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for info. I had a feelign that was the case but wasn't positive. I guess b/c the Q is connected via my home router vs the docing station. 

rkm
Apprentice
Apprentice

it's simply another example of the ridiculous decisions Netgear makes within the Arlo product family.

"Hey, let's create another product with the same name, using the same software and interface.

And then let's make it NOT work with all the other products you already have, because, well, screw them."

GENIUS, netgear.  

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

You can do this by using IFTTT. Create a recipe that when Arlo wireless detects motion it then triggers the Arlo Q to record.

lozts
Guide
Guide

gilbo2 wrote:

You can do this by using IFTTT. Create a recipe that when Arlo wireless detects motion it then triggers the Arlo Q to record.

Could you provide more info on how to create a recipe in IFTTT? TIA!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lozts,

For more information about IFTTT, take a look here: What is IFTTT and how do I use it with my Arlo camera?

JamesC

lozts
Guide
Guide

JamesC wrote:

lozts,

For more information about IFTTT, take a look here: What is IFTTT and how do I use it with my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Thanks for the link but I don't see "My Recipes". Did they rename this "My Applets"? Even If I click on "My Applets" it just eventually brings me to https://partners.ifttt.com/pricing. I have to pay $199 to create an applet/recipe?