Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Q stuck in night mode

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
CHParker15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

My Arlo Q is stuck in night mode.

I have reset mutiple times. Turned it completed off over night and no change.

It worked fine for weeks and now for some reason it will not change back to day mode...

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CHParker15,

I expect you are referring to Night Vision mode (results in a grayscale image for recording/live stream).

First, be sure your camera is in a well lit environment. Night Vision mode will engage when the camera cannot sense enough ambient light.

You can also try toggling off Night Vision in the camera settings, save, and then test the live stream. This should result in a color stream (providing the camera is in a well lit area). If that is successful, enable Night Vision again in the camera settings and test to see if the camera is behaving correctly (Color image in a well lit environment, grayscale image in a dark environment).

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not exactly sure what you mean as 'night mode'

but if it is defective, you'll have to contact Netgear for a trouble ticket

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CHParker15,

I expect you are referring to Night Vision mode (results in a grayscale image for recording/live stream).

First, be sure your camera is in a well lit environment. Night Vision mode will engage when the camera cannot sense enough ambient light.

You can also try toggling off Night Vision in the camera settings, save, and then test the live stream. This should result in a color stream (providing the camera is in a well lit area). If that is successful, enable Night Vision again in the camera settings and test to see if the camera is behaving correctly (Color image in a well lit environment, grayscale image in a dark environment).

JamesC