Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Q - Loggs Out Automatically

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Matthew-Emerge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guys

I have an Arlo-Q camera connected via WiFi 2.4 GHZ. Live video works fine via web browser but it logs out on its own after some time.

Sometimes Live camera stops and you need to refresh to start watching the Live view again. 

Is there any options which I need to check or maybe a timeout intervals which I can set ?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's operating as designed. There's nothing you can do or change.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's operating as designed. There's nothing you can do or change.

Matthew-Emerge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

It is also giving the below error when trying to access the Camera and does not display anything:

The camera failed to connect. Try again

Is it normal ?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, not normal. It could be due to a lot of variables - what has happened for the previous few minutes and what exactly happens when you try to access?  For access, do you mean live view or something else?

Matthew-Emerge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I click on the live view and it gives me the above error. I will refresh the web and than works fine as soon as i start the live feed again. Wifi signal is 2-3 / 3 signal strength.

Matthew-Emerge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Something else which i noticed is that I can still hear the sound which the camera is picking but the LIve Video stops and giving the below error:

YOUR DEVICE IS NOT CONNECTED. MAKE SURE IT'S CONNECTED TO YOUR ROUTER AND HAS A WORKING INTERNET CONNECTION.

It is definately connected to the internet since I can still hear sound.

Can it be a firmware update of the Camera ? I know that I updated it once it was connected to the internet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been having occasional "not connected" messages which I get around by refreshing the web page or logging out and back in.  Sometimes just changing screens (go the the library) and back helps.