Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SmartThings Integration: Mode not Appearing in Arlo App

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
nick6young
Guide
Guide

Having recently resolved an issue with my Arlo Q camera’s firmware not updating (by swapping it for a new one!)… I have now ran into a new issue.

My previous camera automatically created a ‘SmartThings’ mode inside the Arlo app once it was integrated with ST. This is critical to arming/disarming the camera via ST.

However, this new camera will not create that mode. I noticed it once with the previous camera, but removing it from ST and re-integrating it make the mode appear. This time though, I’ve tried re-integrating about 20 times but I can’t get that mode to appear!

Has anyone else come across this?

Cheers
Nick

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@nick6young

Here is a link for setting up Arlo cameras with Smartthings. If you already have an Arlo account set up and a Smartthings account set up, you can probably skip down to Step 3.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/209529506-How-to-connect-Netgear-Arlo-Cameras

Let us know if this does or doesn't work.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@nick6young

I know you have been doing things from the Smartthings side and can not get it to work. Here is the setup from the Arlo side:

https://kb.arlo.com/1132961/How-do-I-integrate-my-Arlo-cameras-into-the-Samsung-SmartThings-app

Brian

nick6young
Guide
Guide

Thanks again Brian.

Yep a similar process. I guess the interesting thing to note with Netgear instructions is that the camera must be placed into 'disarmed' mode before intergrating with ST. Though, I've already tried that unfortunately!

I have a ticket with Netgear open along with my thread on the ST community. So I'll report back here if I get anywhere further.

Cheers

Nick

nick6young
Guide
Guide
I've solved this. I couldn't get the 'Smartthings' mode to automatically create.

But it works if you manually create the mode. Just make sure you call it Smartthings... and the vital bit, the rule name needs to be serial number of the camera. Any other settings (e.g. video, audio, push notifications) can be to your own preference.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation