Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Q+ Drop outs & audio loss on live viewing

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mmarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently my Arlo Q+ (Wired, PoE, CVR) has begun having issues when I'm live viewing either from the web or the iOS or Android apps (Heavy pixelation or loss of image, intermittently no audio on the stream, occasional complete drop-outs).  The network topology hasn't changed, nor have there been any recent upgrades or additions to the hardware on the network.  It's wired, so it's probably not a mirowave somewhere mucking with me.  The device does have an SD card installed, but it's largely unused since I switched to CVR since I understand that they're not sophisticated enough to cache data and retransmit if the network is congested or the like.  Any clues on potential causes, diagnostics, or fixes?  

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try turning off CVR to see if that helps with recordings and live view. I'm testing using the 50Hz flicker setting based on anothr user's comments which seems to help some.

mmarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turning off CVR rather defeats the purpose of having the camera in the first place.

I've had no issues with this camera previously (it's been in place for nearly a year)

I'll run some tests but it's not a long term solution.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation