Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need help with my setup / adaptors, limited access

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi and thanks,

I am replacing some older logitech PoE cameras and just bought my first Arlo Q plus for testing.

The locations I will install arlo only have CAT5 coming to them that ran to a logitech adaptor but no internet connection.

So, I have hooking up my Arlo using the CAT 5 for POE and using the wireless for video tranmission.

My problem is the POE adaptor is somewhat large and hard to hide/secure.

Originally I was going to purchase a single gang junction box but the adaptor does not fit in it and anything larger will look out of place.

The PoE adaptor for Arlo is only 6 inches long or so but it is at the CAMERA side of the run, I need it closer to the outlet I am using for POE (with an injector)

Does anyone know if the plug into the camera is a generic plug so I can make the run longer and get the PoE adaptor out of site?

Camera is on front porch but power and PoE injector are in garage.  Cable is buried behind stucco.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

beachfront71,

NETGEAR recommends using only the PoE adapter included with your Arlo Q Plus. Use of a third-party adapter could result in damage to your Arlo Q Plus and void the warranty.

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

beachfront71,

NETGEAR recommends using only the PoE adapter included with your Arlo Q Plus. Use of a third-party adapter could result in damage to your Arlo Q Plus and void the warranty.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation