Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have problem to watch the live of Arlo Q Plus started from about 2 weeks ago (both app and browser)

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

I am a user in China, I purchased a Arlo Q Plus from Amazon UK in Oct. 2017. (But I can't find the corresponding support of this product on the website in Chinese version, so I have to ask for help here.)

(Firmware version: 1.8.3.2_17494, browser app version (?) 2.5.3.899_21733, Android app version: 2.5.2_21629)

The problem appeared about 2 weeks ago.

I have countered much more connecting problem / error while trying to watch the live stream on the browser (chrome) and also in app.

It keep telling that:

#1 Request timed out or Device Failed to Connect (70%)

Or

#2 it "seemed" that it has connected and is playing (after a very long time of "Please wait...."), but it is completely dark, nothing is being shown, though I might be able to hear some the sound from that end (20%)

Or

#3 it is indeed playing, but the stream and sound are "broken" (not sequential) (10%)

(Please see the pictures I have uploaded.)

One thing might help -- even it failed to show the live stream (reported time out or just dark screen), the latest snapshot of the screen seems OK, it would be updated by a new one which is a normal one.

I have tried un-plugging and re-pluging the device for several times but it won't work.

Please help.

KT
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Questions;

1) are you running the Q+ on wifi or via etherent

2) what are your data thru put speeds ( up/ down )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

1) are you running the Q+ on wifi or via etherent

running it on ethernet, powered via POE

2) what are your data thru put speeds ( up/ down )

the speed is: up 1536K / down 50M

KT
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thank your for the additional info... it helps eliminate some causes.

As to your issue, the FW seems up to date and also apps, don't really have any answers...

Have you tried a full reset of the Q?

( hold in reset about 10 sec till the led on front flashes... then resync as if new )

Morse is faster than texting!
KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

I will try a full reset this weekend when I back home.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks!

KT
KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

I've tried the full reset but the problem remains the same even if I am within the same LAN.

Also, I found that my another Arlo smart home also got a much longer delay in live replay -- it was about several seconds delay before, but now it is at least one minute delay (it was worst last week when I was reporting the Q+ problem, 3 ~ 5 minutes delay and not continuous, then I have it full reset).

(firmware version: 1.2.16720, network speed: 20M up / 20M down and I am in the same LAN)

I wonder if the newly update on firmware or app has changed the server IP so that we (China users) have problem  communicating with it?

KT
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating reports from a small number users experiencing this issue. As soon as I have more information, I will provide an update.

JamesC

KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

Hi,

Any solution?

Do we have any method to flash back or un-do updates so that I could have the cameras work again?

It has been one month.

Thanks,

Kee

KT
KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

Here is an update.

Looks the firmware has been upgraded to 1.8.3.2_21995, now I can have a higher rate in connecting to the device successfully and can watch the live stream.

However, there are still 2 problems:

# The live stream is about 2~3 minutes delay. It was less than 10 seconds before.

# The push-to-talk function is now unavailable. It says it is not supported on this device but it should and it was. (I am/was using a up-to-date Chrome browser, also tried Firefox, same result.) .....But, due to the 1st problem, even though I can use the push-to-talk function, I can not talk to the other end due to the long delay.

So please kindly fix these problem. Thanks!

Kee

KT
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation