Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell compatible with Arlo Q Plus?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DB4Tim
Guide
Guide

Will the new doorbell work with Arlow Q Plus....I know it says it will NOT work with arlo Q....however I need to know if it will specifically work with the Q PLUS

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Same issue - the doorbell requires a base that none of the Q cameras have. At some point it may be possible for us to program Qs with the wireless cameras but right now it's not possible.

DB4Tim
Guide
Guide

So it will not work with the base staion at all ....?

Or it just cannot trip the camera...which is really useless if it cannot

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're asking but the doorbell requires a base and the Q can't interract with devices attached to a base. So, no, the doorbell can't trigger a camera. You're already getting a base with the doorbell so an add-on Pro camera would be the best solution.

DB4Tim
Guide
Guide

apology for my confusion.....the doorbell does not come with a base station I already have the one that works with all cameras....so I cannot find anything that says like you pointed out that it comes with a base station.....where have you seen that it does?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My mistake - the doorbell indeed does not come with a base station since it's considered an option to an existing system. Thus, you'd need to buy a base station in addition to the doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation