Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot view video nor it does record anything - receiving "Maximum of 5 camera streams" error

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
deus_ex_machina
Follower
Follower

I have this issue for a few years, contacting dozens of times the Arlo Support, one camera was changed, and still, the error sporadically persists. My system is composed of two cameras and only two users can access the system. So, in the worst-case scenario only 4 streams I might have. The engineers from tech support couldn't explain technically the issue, I would presume there is a physical bug.

So, once in a while I get this error: " Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream." While I get this error the video is not accessible in real-time neither from the web browser (chrome, firefox, safari) nor from the android native app. On top of that, it doesn't record anything, which makes the camera useless. The only thing that might help, but not always, is to physically go the location, unplug the cable and put it back in order to take the power off. The remote reboot doesn't solve anything.

It happens sporadically, but when it does the camera is useless and usually, I am quite far away from the surveilled location, so the area remains without video surveillance for a period of time that makes me wonder why I have purchased these cameras in the first place. I've searched the whole forum and found out that I am not the only one and still no solution is provided. So, since Arlo support is very unprofessional, doesn't solve the customer problem or even don't care, I start thinking that is best to move to another system that is more reliable and where tech support is being provided properly, especially taken into consideration that until the end of the year I need to purchase at least other 3 cameras. Probably I think to substitute these two Arlo cameras too because of this very critical issue.

As the last hope, does anyone found a solution to this one?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't explain any of this, either, having not experienced it. It sounds like you've done all you can within the current setup.

There are 2 things I'd suggest:

1) Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Create a new account using a different email address and set the cameras back up on the new account. Maybe it's something about the existing account that the problem. Be sure not note all settings, modes, rules and schedule to speed the rebuilding process.

2) Especially for remote systems, use a WiFi switch such as a WeMo to plug the cameras (or base, if you have one). That way you can use that device's app to turn the power off without needing to be physically present. Some folks have resorted to using timers to do this on a daily basis instead of the WiFi switch.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation