Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can wifi be shut off

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Edchen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm in the process of getting rid of wifi in my house. Whether or not wifi is harmful to children is debatable, but my wife would prefer everything be hard wired if possible. When you connect the Arlo Q Plus to Ethernet, does that shut off the devices wifi? The reason I ask is because most devices still transmit wifi signals even when connected to Ethernet.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I would believe that the use of Ethernet would disable the WiFi. You'll likely need to reset the camera and start fresh with the camera already connected to Ethernet.
dturner26
Tutor
Tutor

I going to say that the WiFi adapter may still remain active even if it is plugged into a hard wire. There currently is no option to "Shut off" the wireless capabilities on the cameras. Best you can do is remove them from your network. A good test maybe while plugged into your wired connection, go into settings on the camera and select wireless network settings. See if a network is still joinable at that time.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You should probably enter a ticket to get 100% clarrification on it since it's important to your family.

Edchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks everyone for your reply.  I have not purchased this product yet, but this product looks very promising for its' ethernet capabilities.  I think I may just have to buy one locally, and then use my RF reader to see if the wifi turns off.  I have a bad feeling that it won't, but I guess it's worth a try. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation