Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can`t start using the Arlo Q Plus camera (model: VMC3040S)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PavelReutski
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I have a very annoing connectivity issue with VMC3040S,

The Context:

Camera is connected to a switch,

The switch (through one of its ports) is connected to the router that has DHCP server running and is a provider to an Internet,
PC is connected to the same switch and has an internet access

i.e. the environment (Camera and PC) has an internet access,

Camera is powered on and is blinking amber slowely meaning its ready to setup according to the documentation,

It (the camera) gets the IP from the DHCP - it clearely shows the Wireshark running on a PC i.e. the wireshark captures an ethernet/IP broadcasts sent from the camera acquireing the DHCP client parameters for a newly aloted IP address or an ARP for the MAC address resolution - the ethernet src address which is camer`s one in a packet indicates that),

Also I can ping the camera from the PC,

Issue:

While from the PC I am going to the http://arlo.netgear.com and trying to "setup/discover" the device (a camera) I am always ending up that the Device/Camera isn`t found.

Adittion: I was doing a Factory Reset with small reset click button with no luck

Issue analyzis taken:

While debugging the HTTP trafic the browser while "discovering" is constantly GETs the following URI: arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/locateDevice and the content returned is a JSON as follows:

{"data":{"error":"1120","message":"Please make sure your device is powered on and connected to the Internet, and make sure your devices is connected to the same WiFi network. As a last resort, you can reset your device to factory defaults and try again.","reason":" Did not find any device Connected for ip 193.78.85.153"},"success":false}

Considering above it is assumed (?) that the camera (when powered on and the IP aloted from DHCP server) is connected to arlo servers (cloud ?) and is indicated about its presens so then a possitive response to the browser would returned ? If so how it corelates with the IP: 193.78.85.153 ? Its defiantly not an IP for the camera nor a PC one and if its an IP for an internet provider/proxy how the arlo server would destinguish the camera instances ?

Is it possible to locate and start camera`s video streaming without the cloud ?
Because it is critical for me not to use a cloud support i.e. using the camera in LAN not connected to an Internet is realy mine the only one acceptable usecase,

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible to locate and start camera`s video streaming without the cloud ? 

No... it is going to use the cloud and the backup mem card at the same time.... can't work without  the cloud.

As to the Q+, have you attempted to connect it to your wifi instead of by etherent cable?  this will eliminate the possiblity that the Q isn't functioning properly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation