Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Not Recording

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kmgeorge6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having issues where my CVR stops recording, sometimes for hours, however during that time frame I still get audio and motion clips. Currently, my CVR has been down for 10 hours. I can watch live and record manually, but nothing is saving to my timeline. I've remotely restarted my camera as well, and it still isn't recording. Any suggestions? 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nothing you can do. Open a case with support. In the meantime, try restarting the camera using the power plug.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kmgeorge6,

Recently some server side updates regarding CVR were made that could have impacted a small number of users. Are you still experiencing this behavior?

Please let us know,

JamesC

kmgeorge6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James-

I noticed last night there were a bunch of breaks in he CVR but it looks like since 2 AM today it's been OK. Would that have been when the issues were fixed? This is what i was getting:

IMG_0614.PNG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kmgeorge6,

This could also be the result of a poor WiFi connection to your camera. Be sure the WiFi signal strength is strong.

If you are not still seeing this behavior please continue to monitor your CVR and let us know if you see any more issues.

JamesC

kmgeorge6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. We have the Arlo connected to the router with an ethernet cord, so I don't think the WiFi signal strength should be playing any factors in it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kmgeorge6,

Are you still seeing these gaps in CVR?

Please let us know,

JamesC

kmgeorge6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yea I am, the other night it went out the whole night too. It only seems to start working again if we restart it or unplug and plug it in. But this isn't ideal since my apartment is small the camera usually tends to turn on after the motion is already out of view, so if I'm not aware the cvr is down I can't determine what set off the camera.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kmgeorge6,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation