Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
see78
Guide
Guide
I've seen variations of disconnect issues posted in the forum. My Arlo Q plus randomly disconnects and it is connected via Ethernet cable. It also disconnects via wifi and is located in the same room as the router. The only 'fix' I've had is to unplug power and plug it back in. This will resolve the problem every time but we never know exactly when it goes out and it could be off for a couple of days without us knowing rendering it useless. Is there a firmware update coming for this or do I need to contact support?
5 REPLIES 5
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I hope so, as I have the same problem.  My workaround is to setup a timer (this one) that shuts it off for one minute a day, and this seems to "reset" it often enough that it has not happened since.  It should be noted that the MicroSD does continue to record videos even after the disconnect, but accessing them remotely is impossible.

see78
Guide
Guide
Been playing around with it tonight because I finally need it (baby sleeping in his crib for the first time). I pulled the Ethernet adapter out, plugged the power directly into the camera and switched to wifi only. No drop outs since doing this so my assumption* is that the Ethernet adaptor is the culprit. Anyone else find this to be the case with the Arlo Q Plus?
see78
Guide
Guide
Well it stayed connected for about 2 hours and then dropped with the adapter removed. It's clearly better but still not good if it drops out like this. While viewing, sound cuts out and screen freezes. Should have a way to know that the screen has frozen when in live view because the sound occasionally cuts out but camera hasn't frozen. Hard to tell if the screen is frozen when a baby is sleeping and not active. Also, now that it is only wifi it is occasionally buffering (720p) even being in the room with router. Internet test shows 39 Mbps down and 4.26 Mbps up. No probs with Ring doorbell or regular Arlo cams.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd say bad hardware.  Contact support using the Support link at the top here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

see78,

I agree with jguerdat's post above, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation