Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q+ keeps disconnecting randomly for months

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sunnysideup
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been using Q+ for months and getting disconnected randomly. The current version (2.6.1) of the app shows a different error message. Despite it saying ‘base station error’, my other Q+ connected to the same router is still working. The cameras simply take turns to drop from the network.

This is especially frustrating when you can’t check on emergencies at home. Need a solution to this soon.

10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Sunnysideup,

What other error messages are you receiving from your Arlo Q+?

Sunnysideup
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JessicaP,

I’ve only received ‘base_station_error_-1’ on the app ver ‘2.6.1’. On previous versions, it would just show the disconnected message like the pic posted by another user in this thread.

Just to add some details to this. I checked the microSD and the camera is still actively recording while it dropped off the network. So it’s not like the camera hanged entirely. On the same network, I have another Arlo still connected to the same router (RBK50). WiFi signal to the cameras is strong as they are both 4m away from the router unobstructed by any objects.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried to restart your Arlo Q+ through the app or try to unplug and replug it back in? Try to also change the ethernet cable and test to see if that could be the other problem.

Sunnysideup
Aspirant
Aspirant
Physically powering off and on solves the issue, but not through the app. It will just show the same ‘base station error -1’.

The camera and router are on different ends of the living room and I cannot run a cable across for extended periods for testing as there are young kids. Tried for a short 10-15 mins and no disconnection, but I don’t think it is conclusive.

It’s not like power cycling them weekly solves the issue. The disconnection happens randomly, sometimes hours/days (and weeks if it is good) after I physically power it off/on.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What I'll do is create a case for you so our support team can help you further with your Arlo Q+ disconnecting randomly. I have sent you a PM to gather more information from you.

Lvwild1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This problem is ever since the update in oct 2018. I’m running a arlo Q+ I’m tired of having some one going to my 80 year old mothers house and unplugging the camera to get back on line it is there for a saftey reason for her it works 2 days then goes out arlo is fully aware of this problem and not fixing it you can trust one thing if this camera goes out and we can not call for help if she falls i will sue the hell out of arlo for not fixing a known problem you can take that to the bank 

Lvwild1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This problem is ever since the update in oct 2018. I’m running a arlo Q+ I’m tired of having some one going to my 80 year old mothers house and unplugging the camera to get back on line it is there for a saftey reason for her it works 2 days then goes out arlo is fully aware of this problem and not fixing it you can trust one thing if this camera goes out and we can not call for help if she falls i will sue the hell out of arlo for not fixing a known problem you can take that to the bank 

Model: VMC3040|Arlo-Q HD with Audio
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Lvwild1,

If you are experiencing the issue where your Arlo Q+ keeps going off after replugging in, try to restart the device through the web client or app by going to Settings > My Devices > Arlo Q Plus > Scroll down and click/tap on "Restart".

Lvwild1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe you people should pay more attention to what’s going on don't you think every one has tried your stupid ways of solving the problem its a software problem after your update maybe arlo should find a new spokes person Jessica your reading from a scrip is getting old  find the problem and fix it as of this point i would will not recommend any arlo product to any one to buy  and to stay clear of arlo

OmahaRob
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Just started after. Cameras installed for a few weeks. 2 days ago Camera3 showed the error mentioned in this thread. I restarted with app and the camera disappeared and I had to reinstall the camera. AND REPROGRAM MY ZKNES ETC. Today, Camera1 is showing the same error. I also notice on Camera1 it shows a WiFi connection. The other 2 show Ethernet. All 3 cameras are connected via PoE. I haven’t tried restarting from my phone yet - don’t wanted reprogram. Will try power cycling later today when I get there.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation