Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
moosakhalid
Follower
Follower

My Arlo Q Plus camera refuses to be discovered after the QR code step where it chimes. (it goes through the blinking blue step and asks for the WiFI password as well).

I'd been using it for a while, shifted places and was trying to set it up again. 

What I've tried so far:

1) Delete the device and try to add it fresh - FAILED

2) Hard reset it using the tiny reset button on the camera(it clicked and all) but to no avail - FAILED

3) Restarted router - FAILED

I'm frustrated and out of options. None of the community posts have helped and before someone asks I've reset it quite a few times to no avail.

I read a post in the community which mentions that they had to replace the camera as other Arlo Q Plus they had were discovered without problems. I'm think it's a faulty equipment issue/bug. How can I use this camera for security if it's not going to be discovered. To be honest it has been more of a hassle, even when it works, keeps blinking purple and going offline. If I can't find a solution, I'm glad it happened when I moved into my new house because I'll be chucking it in the bin where it belongs and urge others to refrain from Arlo .

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@moosakhalid

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation