Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus error "Your device is not connected.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tdknight
Aspirant
Aspirant

I login to netgear's website to view my live feed from my arlo q plus.  After a minute or so, I get the error "Your device is not connected.  Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working internet connection."  When I view the live feed on my phone/tablet, it works fine.  Any thoughts??  I'm thinking the website is timing out, but I know my internet connection is fine.  I have an arris cable modem and an asus router.  

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you test it on a PC at   https://arlo.netgear.com/      if using a PC, try Fire Fox browser , it seems to be working the best right now.

Testing on a PC would eliminate any possible errors from you phone ./ tablet

Other than that if on phone, delete the app and re-install, power button reboot the phone...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tdknight
Aspirant
Aspirant

As 2-4-17, the timing out of the video live feed still exists on my pc, but it seems to last a little longer (maybe 2-3 minutes) before the website says it's disconnected.  And it works fine on my phone/tablet.  I've tried multiple browsers will still no success. 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like a disconnect someplace in the entire network access.  Could be anyplace between the camera and the server.  SInce it happens consistently, it would appear to be likely on your end.  Check your WiFi signal strength as well as for wireless devices that could be using the 2.4GHz band (doesn't have to be WiFi) like cordless phones, etc.  Temporarily moving the camera could help nail down whether it's a network or location problem.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation