Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus POE, blue light??

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hudbud
Follower
Follower
So, I have a Arlo Q Plus hardwired via POE. It's got a Cat5 cable from router to power injector, and Cat6 cable from injector to camera. My issue is that it randomly shows a blue light on the camera throughout the day at various times and for various lengths. I have the light turned off in settings yet this keeps popping on. From what I have gathered, the blue light means the camera is almost out of range, but this camera isn't on WiFi, it's on POE on maybe a 10-16 foot Cat6 cord right above router... It happens too often throughout the day to be firmware updates... I've tried resetting and all of that with the camera. Could it be a power issue? It's plugged into a power strip surge protector with a bunch of other things. I tried swapping the power injector out from a 15w to a 30w, but the 30w arrived DOA, or at least it wouldnt even power up the camera... Besides being an annoying blue light that makes people think they're being recorded, I don't think the camera functions during these times. Camera has also been known to "disconnect" from Ethernet and not work, even though it still shows the motion and audio symbols when detected... Very frustrating; please help!
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may well be a hardware issue. Open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation