Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus - Live Issues - Trying to use as baby monitor

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hacksaw35
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased the Arlo Q Plus to replace our baby monitor that crapped out. Arlo advertizes this as a great use for the camera but we are having issues with the reliability of the "Live" feature.

We went with the wired "plus" version to ensure a solid connection. It's connected via ethernet and wifi to our Google Fiber (1gb) network...so we rarely ever have any issues with internet related connectivity.

- Sometimes Live won't connect at all and then gives an error banner.

- Most of the time it will work for a few minutes and then freeze.

All software and firmware seems to be up to date. Tried turning camera off/on, resetting camera, restarting the apps.

If this doesn't improve, it's a deal breaker for us as we need something reliable for keeping an eye on our infant. It's even worse when the frame is frozen but we don't realize it...so it could be showing her fast asleep when in reality she is in trouble.

Any ideas on further troubleshooting before we return it for something else?

-----

Another thing that would be a great update for customers trying to use this as a monitor would be to allow the audio feed to continue going when the screen is off...similar to most other music apps. That way you could have the audio on at night like a traditional baby monitor and not have to keep your screen on, brightening up the room and draining the battery of your device.

-----

Firmware 1.8.1_6094

Hardware VMC3040Sr6

Viewing on: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPad Mini 4

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yourebthe second person here that's mentioned freezing up the app. It's not widespread or we'd hear about it. Maybe contact support using the Support link at the top to get some internal technical help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hacksaw35,

I noticed you mentioned opening a support ticket concerning this issue in another thread. If you could provide me with the case number I would like to follow your case and provide additional feedback on this issue. Feel free to private message me if you would prefer.

JamesC

hacksaw35
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. The ticket is #27429506

Dmmack
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also have continuous, systemic problems with Arlo Q Plus cameras on very stable wifi and ethernet (one on each), with CVR problems, live feed, and useless triggered footage that is either frozen frame, has zero audio, and/or glitches and pixelation. Since November I have had several tickets open with support, escalated to L3, and still no resolution. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation