Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After 3 years of no problem, at May 18th at 6am, all 5 of my Arlo CAM stopped recording Motion

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cuckoocottage
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 3 years of no problems, on May 18th at 6am, all 5 of my Arlo CAM stopped sensing Motion or Sound... No notifications anymore.

Bear in mind, I have not adjusted any settings (it has been working for 3 years) - I checked all of the 5 CAMs are Armed, have Motion Detection on, all notifications, etc etc - I even turned up the Motion and Sound sensitivity to FULL

What is going on!!?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? Are the LEDs onthe cameras showing anything? Why did you wait so long to post?

cuckoocottage
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I have rebooted, updated settings, everything - the cams are working normally, they just don't detect movement or sound anymore, all 5 stopped working at the same time!!

Why did I wait so long? Well, I didn't want to waste anyone's time - I checked and double checked everything

cuckoocottage
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way, 4 days isn't that long to wait! If you read the title carefully, the cams have been working fine for 3 years! (not that I waited 3 years to report the issue)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode are you using? Are you using a custom mode and/or the schedule? Have you recreated them, perhaps using a browser?

cuckoocottage
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Q

No custom modes

Not recreated anything

remember, it was all working fine - then just stopped all detection. I think there is a backend issue with the Arlo Cloud. These Camera's a in the UK

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's all 5 cameras, try rebooting your modem and router.

cviclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem yesterday. Cycled power all came back to normal. Hardwired mains connected. Strange.  I keep all Leds set to off I connected through the App just frozen about 11.00 in the morning.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation