Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nick1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed this camera for a friend, it's hard wired via the POE adaptor.  I set up motion recording and alerts.  This works fine when my friend is in his home but not when he's out and about.  It sems to work well and consistently when his phone is connected to wifi but not when he's using cellular.  Very strange, not sure how to fix this or if anyone has had the same problem?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What cell service, 3g or 4g, what phone, what OS ??

Seems odd that it works on wifi but not cells... I do know you have to allow the app to use cellular on the iphone...is it turned on?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
nick1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

using an iPhone 6 on either 3g or 4g..

Yss i'll check he has enabled mobile data in the settings, but that shouldnt make a difference to the camera actually recording when it detects motion as the rule is set up to do.  Even if he didnt have his mobile phone he could check the recordings at home on the laptop connected to wifi through the browser.  but nothing has been recorded even when he knows someone has been in the motion detection area.  BUT as I said when he's at home it works well and records and alerts him too..

nick1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any idea's on this issue please?  I really need this fixed asap

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nick1234,

The iPhone being on WiFi or a 3g/4g connection does not dictate the cameras ability to detect motion.

As long as a mode is set that indicates that the camera is Armed and motion detection is active, it will detect and record motion when triggered.

It sounds like there is some configuration issue with the mode your friend is using. I would advise having him contact the Arlo Support Team for additional troubleshooting.

JamesC 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation