Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

where is the model number indicated

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Billy2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo sent me email asking to enable 2 step authentication.  Where can I find which series are my cameras as indicated in the email.  I dont have or use a cell phone but only regular phone therefore I cant receive a text or send a text.  Email says:

This article applies to:

VMB3000 ,   VMB3500 ,   VMB4000 ,   VMB4500 ,   VMB4540 ,   VMB5000   AVD1001   AAD1001   AC1001   VMC5040   VMC3030   VMC3040   VMC3040S   ABC1000   VMC4030   VML4030   VMC4030P   AL1101   ABB1000   Arlo Smart
I assume these sets of numbers are series.  Where can I find which is my series.  My cameras are wifi arlo pro but where is the model number?
Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don’t believe you need the model number of cameras, but a Pro camera ( black bezel) is in the 4000 series iirc...

Like VMC 4030

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Billy2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  The reason I ask these questions is because Arlo sent me message asking to set up 2 step verification by the end of the year.  If not then I cannot get into my account at that time.   Is it necessary to set up 2 step verification?  Will I still be able to login to my arlo account even without setting up 2 step verification?

Thnks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Billy2,

The new security mandate will go into effect for new users in Q2 of 2020, and will require existing Arlo users to enable the feature on their current Arlo accounts by end of year. While Arlo has strongly encouraged its users to enable two-factor authentication since its introduction, Arlo believes requiring this added layer of security is yet another measure we can take to help our users safeguard their accounts and their data.