Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

what base station works with older arlo pro cameras and 5g

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
eileenfst
Follower
Follower

what base stations works with older arlo pro cameras and 5g

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eileenfst wrote:

what base stations works with older arlo pro cameras 

They all work with the Arlo Pro and the Pro 2.  Older bases (VMB3xxx models) won't work with Pro 3, Pro 4, Essential, or Ultra.  Details for each base/smarthub are here:

@eileenfst wrote:

what base stations works with ... 5g

Not sure what you mean here. 

• All base stations/smarthubs connect to the internet using ethernet (not wifi).
  • Most Arlo cameras only have 2.4 ghz wifi.  The only dual-band models that use a base station/smarthub are the Ultra / Ultra 2.  The only dual-band smarthub is the VMB5000.

I use the VMB5000 and have some Ultras.  IMO, the ability to connect at 5 ghz isn't that important when you are using a base - 2.4 ghz has better range, and most of my cameras are far enough away from the base to get a better signal using 2.4.   

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eileenfst wrote:

what base stations works with older arlo pro cameras 

They all work with the Arlo Pro and the Pro 2.  Older bases (VMB3xxx models) won't work with Pro 3, Pro 4, Essential, or Ultra.  Details for each base/smarthub are here:

@eileenfst wrote:

what base stations works with ... 5g

Not sure what you mean here. 

• All base stations/smarthubs connect to the internet using ethernet (not wifi).
  • Most Arlo cameras only have 2.4 ghz wifi.  The only dual-band models that use a base station/smarthub are the Ultra / Ultra 2.  The only dual-band smarthub is the VMB5000.

I use the VMB5000 and have some Ultras.  IMO, the ability to connect at 5 ghz isn't that important when you are using a base - 2.4 ghz has better range, and most of my cameras are far enough away from the base to get a better signal using 2.4.