Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

vmb4000 base lights on but can not add devise in app or on arlo.com account

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
eyes_on_you
Aspirant
Aspirant

vmb4000 base lights are on but can not add devise in-app or on arlo.com account. have unpluged unit, reset unit. all lights are green just can not add to app or arlo.com account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eyes_on_you
Aspirant
Aspirant

AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS AT RESETTING THE BASE. (WHICH TOOK LONGER THAN 15 SECONDS OF HOLDING THE RESET BUTTON IN) THE RESET BUTTON FINALLY WORKED AND I'VE GOT EVERYTHING ONLINE AGAIN THANKS GUYS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
Had you previously removed it from your account and if so why?
eyes_on_you
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope i had to reason to remove it. last night all four cameras went down, and i remove them and added them back on, with no problem, then about 30 mins later the base went down. i removed it and added it back and it came back online in no time atall as far as the 3 green leds on front. but i never could get it added back on in the app or online at arlo.com.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you try adding it again using a pc web browser connected to your local network via the arlo web portal.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you say you reset the base (that means holding the button until the LEDs flash amber, not a reboot or power cycle), you also have to remove it from Settings, My Devices. Does it now connect?

eyes_on_you
Aspirant
Aspirant

I HAVE TRIED TO ADD IT ON THE ARLO.COM WEBSITE AND ON THE APP. BUT IT JUST KEEPS SEARCHING FOR THE BASE UNITE BUT NEVER FINDS IT. AND THEN IT EVENTUALLY TIMES OUT ON THE APP AND ON THE WEBSITE.

eyes_on_you
Aspirant
Aspirant

AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS AT RESETTING THE BASE. (WHICH TOOK LONGER THAN 15 SECONDS OF HOLDING THE RESET BUTTON IN) THE RESET BUTTON FINALLY WORKED AND I'VE GOT EVERYTHING ONLINE AGAIN THANKS GUYS.