Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

uses for second Arlo pro base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Superpop
Star
Star

Any suggestions for the best use of a second base station.  I went to purchase a 5th camera for my system and best buy sold me one that came with another base station.  They were confused about the price so ended up selling my the one camera kit for 189.00.  Anyway, I thought I might just stick the base on ebay but wondering if there is a good use for it before I just sell it.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The main reason for a second base is 1) expand your coverage area 2) have a second location

You can really onLy expand yor area with a second base.... Place one at each end of the home and sync the close cams to each... Use either Ethernet or a wifi extender with an Ethernet port to relocate the second base...

You can also have a second location ( up to your service level of cameras) , like a vacation home or elderly mom... There is no limit to number of bases on any service level.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The main reason for a second base is 1) expand your coverage area 2) have a second location

You can really onLy expand yor area with a second base.... Place one at each end of the home and sync the close cams to each... Use either Ethernet or a wifi extender with an Ethernet port to relocate the second base...

You can also have a second location ( up to your service level of cameras) , like a vacation home or elderly mom... There is no limit to number of bases on any service level.

Superpop
Star
Star

Two base stations means two sets of log in, correct?  Or can I have two bases on the same account.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Number of bases is unlimited.  The limits are soley on the number of cameras in your account based on your plan.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Superpop wrote:

Or can I have two bases on the same account.  

Yes !