setting the rules, modes, and scheduling for 4 cameras on Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cdenjoylife62
Follower
Follower

I have read multiple posts on scheduling multiple camera and STILL can't do it! I hope you can help:

Here is my hope: 

Camera 1 "Kitchen" --I want this camera to detect motion at 0930-1030AM M-F; (and disarmed from 1030-4PM M-f)

Camera 2 "Living Romm"--want camera to detect motion 0930-4pm M-F

Camera 3 "Down Stairs"-want camera to detect motion 0930-4pm M-F

Camera 4 "Back Room" -want camera to deterct motion1030-1130 AM and 3:30-4pm M-F

Under MODE I have a green dot and green CK mark next to "armed". When I click on the arrow a window pops open and my 4 camera names appear. I have edited the rules to include  be:

Back Room RECORD 1030-1130AM

Down Stairs RECORD 930-1030AM

Kitchen RECORD 930-1030AM

Living Room RECORD 930-1030AM

I have also made customed modes with rules so all the time frames are covered. They are the following:

Living Room RECORD 1030-1130AM

Down Stairs RECORD 1030-1130AM

Living Room RECORD 1130-330PM

Down Stairs RECORD 1130-330PM

Living Room RECORD 330-4P

Down Stairs RECORD 330-4PM

Back Room RECORD 330-4PM

Now, I'm trying to put all these on the schedule and am having a problem. When I click on schedule, I only see "schedule" and +add. I have click on "armed" arrow and this shows up:

Living Room RECORD 1030-1130AM

Down Stairs RECORD 1030-1130AM

Living Room RECORD 1130-330PM

Down Stairs RECORD 1130-330PM

Living Room RECORD 330-4P

Down Stairs RECORD 330-4PM

Back Room RECORD 330-4PM
So I picked the time to start and stop recording along with the days. But once one camera goes onto the schedule it seems to delete the others that I have already saved. I don't have the drag and drop options some posts have stated and do not have the names of my other modes when I go to the scheduler.

Can you walk me through how to do multiple cameras turning on and off from 0930-4p M-F? Its driving me crazy!!!! 
Thanks
Christine

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You  need to set up custom modes for each time period you want to deal with, not per camera.

Mode A:Kitchen detections motion and records. Living Room detects motion and records. Downstairs detects motion and records

Mode A is scheduled from 9:30am-10:30am M-F

Mobe B Living room detects and records. Downstairs detects and records. Back room detects and records

Mode B is scheduled 10:30am-11:30am

Mode C is Living room detects and records, downstairs detects and records

Mode C is 11:30am-3:30pm...

Do you follow how this is working? Because you have so many different start times and end times, you're going to need a lot of different modes. I'm not even sure you can make that many. Then you have to schedule them accordingly.

You're probably best to simplify and make less modes and have it record without notifications for each camera for the time periods you don't want it to notify you. If you have really high traffic areas, perhaps Arlo isn't the right solution for you as you'll smash through the batteries.