Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

setting change, arlo

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

my motion settings change each time I look at my video notifications, I have to reset them each time . or if I set motion etc on one camera and go to set on another the first ones change and I have to do it all over.  Frustrating!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi Nanlee,

It sounds like to me that you are adjusting the motion sensitivity setting in the camera settings utility motion test feature. If this is the case they will always reset to 80% when you open the utility. The utility is used for finding the optimal value for you to use in the mode camera rules which is where the camera triggers the motion events.

Read the arlo article on where to adjust motion sensitivity in modes and rules.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

No I am talking about when I set for what to video people, animals etc. I have to reset it each time I look at it or go to set another camera I have to go back and set again

Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, miss understanding on my part.

So you are referring to when viewing the arlo cloud library and select the filter selection for a specific type of smart motion event, that setting is not maintained when you viewing another recorded event in the library or when switching between cameras.

Can you provide the steps you use to get the issue so others can check if they can duplicate the issue.
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

ok I set my old arlo on my phone to capture animal, people and motion, then go to my arlo pro camera and set motion. go back to look at the old arlo and the setting are gone have to reset.  About ready to ditch the camera its all too confusing

Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi Nanlee,

When I select the library page on the app I can see all recordings that have been made for the day as well as previous 6 days if I select the date.

If I select the filter option I get a list of options to select such as the camera devices, and various trigger event selections.

If I choose a camera in the device selection and choose a trigger event such as audio, then select done, it shows the library recordings for my wanted camera but only recordings that were triggered by audio.

If I then select filter again I can choose a different camera via the device selection removing the previous camera then selecting done, returns me to the library showing me the recordings of my wanted camera with the same audio triggered recordings.

Are you able to reproduce the same?