Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"This camera is not connected"

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dhackworth423
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased my Arlo Pro cameras yesterday, I have two of them. One of them is working great but the second camera has now shown me twice that it is offline and I removed device both times but this morning I was not able to get it to reconnect at all the camera wouldn't even flash blue to show me it was powered on. Not sure what the problem is but would love to get it fixed ASAP! HELP!!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Pull and reinsert the battery. If there's no blue LED when inserting the battery, the battery could be dead or the contacts may have an issue. Make sure evreything looks and feels right. Also, swap batteries to see what happens. If nededed, swap cameras around to see if its the camera or location. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

dhackworth423 wrote:

I just purchased my Arlo Pro cameras yesterday, I have two of them. One of them is working great but the second camera has now shown me twice that it is offline and I removed device both times but this morning I was not able to get it to reconnect at all the camera wouldn't even flash blue to show me it was powered on. Not sure what the problem is but would love to get it fixed ASAP! HELP!!

I would just return/swap them asap or regret later. 

dhackworth423
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the battery but that still did not show the blue light. I have not tried to switch batteries. I will try that when I get home and see if that works. If that doesn't work what else should I do? I did notice one of the prongs looked bent but I am not sure if that is normal or not I would have to check at the other camera to see. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't go too far to avoid the warranty.  You generally have the option to swap at  ghe store or open a case with support. 

dhackworth423
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. If I can't get it to work this evening I will be seeing about swapping the camera out at the store. Thank yall so much. 

dhackworth423
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually just got on the app to check and its now saying my second camera is offline and my base station is offline. What can I do now? This system was ALOT of money. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reset the system by removing everything from Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Make sure all firmware is up to date.