Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Title says it all.

I have the cameras set to recorn on motion and not stop until motion stops. But instead of continuous recording for up to 300 seconds, the cameras only record for 9 seconds and then stop. And start a new recording moments later.

Anyone have a similar problem? Anyone know how to fix this?

(please do not suggest that I set up my own modes/rules. Ive already done that, and set the camera to the right setting, the setting simply doesnt work).

60 REPLIES 60
tlstafford
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have just installed a new system and am not able to record more than 16 seconds while in the 300 seconds motion mode. I am following this thread with great interest and hopes for a timely resolution. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adjustments to this feature were made in the most recent firmware release. Be sure your Arlo Pro camera is up to date with the latest firmware: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.4_13099 – 10th July 2017

Please let me know if you continue experiencing issues. 

JamesC

Obey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having the same issue! It records for 6 seconds and then stops and then starts recording again for another 6 seconds. I'm leterally standing 5ft from the camera waving my arms, so motion has not stopped but the camera stops recording and then starts recording again in 6 second intervals?? Seriously this has been an on going issue for 7 months and you guys cant figure out what is wrong! Talk about a large company dropping the ball. If this isnt fixed soon, I'll start posting negative reviews which I'm sure everyone else here has already done or also will do. PLEASE JUST FIX THIS!

RWEED
Apprentice
Apprentice

I noticed thie "update" right away the other day. Its much worse than before, 6 seconds videos that stop mid motion....very disappointing...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It depends on whether the motion continues to be detectable. Nothing exciting but here's a test I did today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxd6tsxbgejit7l/9_07_11_2017%2012_07_39PM_1499789259342.mp4?dl=0

I tested further out but motion became more toward and away from the camera so detection failed.
tlstafford
Aspirant
Aspirant
Again, I just bought the system. The base station and all cameras were updated with the latest firmware at initial startup.
EMZ
Guide
Guide

I logged a case with Logitech & to be honest the amount of things requested of me I couldnt be bothered to do, yet I see the issue was addressed in the latest firmware update, so the techs are aware of the issue & trying to fix?! From what I have observed it doesnt seem much better for me & I actually think there's a sweet spot in the motion detection, & I think it would be good to have an option in the app to temporarily 'see' the movement in live view like you can in some PC cam recording systems. Anyway FWIW I have now created multiple modes one for the daytime using the 'Record until activity stops' with 70% sensitivity & another overnight mode using 'Record for a fixed length of time' set to 20 seconds with 100% sensitivity. I have found these modes capture most of what they should, though I've not tested & thus not sure if theres a minimum time between recording another 20 second clip if motion is seen immediately after the first 20 second clip on the fixed time record mode? Other than that the convenience of the Arlo Pro system & the app itself work exactly how I want & my modes workaround makes it usable but it'd be even better if it did what it says on the box !

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've tried to lead you to waterbut can't make you drink.  I've run the tests and posted the video.  I can't make you do the same thing but arguing that the feature doesn't work when it clearly does within the normal limits of the camera's motion detection just doesn't wash.

Obey
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat so if you just stand there waving your arms over you head will that also work? or do you have to walk side to side? My camera is located above my front door and is looking down a victorian staircase (I live in a brownstone / row house) and it seems to not think the motion is changing when someone is walking up my staircase. Also when people are walking down the sidewalk it cuts out after 6secs even though they are still obviously in view.

Here is my test all 3 videos were 6secs / 13secs/ 6secs within the same minute. As you can tell the motion never stopped but the recording did.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/og8emzx3hmohtv7/AACbsRr7c42LjRBCp9c7whY_a?dl=0

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Just tried this and arm waving seems to be a worst case scenario to test motion detection. I started at maybe 20 feet out and moved in from there. I had motion recorded at more like 10 feet. Moving my body from side to side worked as I'd expect but waving arms seems like a poor test.

Also, I see two problems with your positioning. It not only captures the street, potentially leading to false detections unless you reduce sensitivity (but that would also make it harder to pick up people coming up the steps) but also has a significant straight on component to the motion. The latter may be difficult to do much about but dropping and rotating the camera more towards the door could help with both issues.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Improvements were made to this feature in the most recent firmware release. Be sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware:

Release Notes – Arlo Pro Base Station FW 1.8.10.1_13433 21st July 2017

Release Notes – Arlo Wire-free Base Station FW 1.8.9.1_13442 21st July 2017

JamesC