Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Do Nothing" not ideal?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
adambean
Luminary
Luminary

Hey all,

I have 3 cameras on my base station. At times, we want to have push notifications on our nursery, but do nothing on the others. Yet, when editing the rule for the other cameras, while "do nothing" is an option, selecting it results it a grayed out save option, unless I enable push or email notifications, basically meaning I can't enable "do nothing".

What am I missing? Is this working as expected? What is the point of do nothing if it can't be enabled without another pre-req?

In our scenario (at home with a baby in the nursery), we have zero need to record from the other 2 cameras based on audio or video, simply just want push notifications on the Nursery camera.

Is this where I should have an Arlo Q seperate to control with its own rules (something I'm actively debating given these frustratrating limitations).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Here is a reply to a similar question on another thread

"If you disable both push and email notifications and you also tell the camera to do nothing (not to record on motion), this is the same as having no rule at all for that camera. This is why the option to save is grayed out.

The default Disarmed mode or a custom mode containing no rules for that camera are needed in this case."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Here is a reply to a similar question on another thread

"If you disable both push and email notifications and you also tell the camera to do nothing (not to record on motion), this is the same as having no rule at all for that camera. This is why the option to save is grayed out.

The default Disarmed mode or a custom mode containing no rules for that camera are needed in this case."

adambean
Luminary
Luminary
Ah ok, a custom mode can help... Perfect, thank you!