Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ta_mnymkr
Follower
Follower

Motion detection only seems to work near the center of the area that Arlo is focused on. Is there a way to sense near the edges verses the center?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be as "simple" as the camera positioning and how motion moves in the field of view.  What's the sensitivity setting?  Post a screenshot for suggestions.

PittCaleb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just upped my sensitivty to 95 on 2 of my 4 camera's to see if this helps my situation (not OP).  

In an OpenSource solution I used to use (went Arlo for true wireless functionality) I could define a polygon for motion detection.

I have no issue with motion being detected in center frame, my problem is i see so little b/c there is no pre-roll buffering.  I catch the mailman 'closing' my mailbox.  Not walking into the center of the frame or even opening the mailbox, but closing it and walking away.  This is at 80 sensitivity and mailbox being near-center of frame.

I want devices to keep a 3/5 second buffer and when motion detected, it writes that buffer.  What happened to get to the activation point?  Often, that is the key to everything.  Accident or thief.

PittCaleb

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Q cameras have that pre-buffer since they're powered. The wireless cameras would ​have to be awake the whole time to do that and would​ deplete the batteries quickly.

Again, screenshots would be useful.