Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gteague
Tutor
Tutor

about 5 days ago approximately (i can go days without going live) the live feed started failing without any error message. using google chrome on a mac with all updates including flash. it works with safari though after i'd updated flash. i've done due diligence troubleshooting the browser and all my extensions and i can't explain why safari works, but not firefox or chrome. nor can i explain why it works via iphone. this means that there's no problem with my base station or cameras or internet connection and even then i removed the router and added it back in, reset my main internet router, and deleted all the cameras and added the pro back. finally i got an error message on the browser saying i was using too many streams and indicated that 5 was the limit. but, afaik, i have no control over that and even then, why isn't safari or the phone complaining.

thanks, /guy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
gteague
Tutor
Tutor

found more info. there's a tiny icon at right of chrome search bar indicating that flash has blocked this site or that the site won't allow flash. at any rate, nothing i can do will get chrome to release the block on the plug-in. wtf is going on? i haven't updated chrome or flash before this started happening.

/guy

gteague
Tutor
Tutor

ok, so after reading various forums about this problem, my preliminary hypothesis is that chrome is much more aggressive about eliminating flash than other browsers and no longer even supplies it with the browser and if you install it you must activate it manually.

so what i suspect is that the arlo flash is out of date and chrome isn't having any of it because flash is already a huge security risk and netgear is asking for access to equipment on your network. it sucks for me because i detest having to squint at the small screen of my iphone and i dislike safari nearly as much and for sure am not going to run it just for this one site.

so, fix this **bleep** if you're able to netgear. tks, /guy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
gteague
Tutor
Tutor

thanks! i was 95% of the way there and had found a workaround to make it work, so i knocked off searching for now.. i had done everything you suggested already but hadn't yet found the part where i had to change a flag. tks, /guy

gteague
Tutor
Tutor

and yes, i searched on the forum site here for at least 30 minutes, but this site iis too strictly compartmentalized making anything but a very targeted search fruitless. i then wrongly concluded it was a security mismatch and was searching at the chrome forums. /guy