Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

just wont sync

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
reachshivas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought Arlo Pro cameras ( one for myself and another for my friend) today from costco. Opened up a box and followed the instruction manual. Per the manual you can sync using the sync button on the base (2 sec hold) and camera sync button (2 sec hold), so I tried that. The cameras wont sync.

Then I restarted the base station and tried this again, no luck.

Called up tech support, the technician asked me to do the same as in the manual which did not work

She then asked me swap batteries which did not work. Then tried plugging the power cable with battery and without battery. 

The next thing I was told was to restart my router, no luck. I was then told my wifi channel has to be 1,3 or 9. I got off the call and changed the channel, I tried to sync but dissappointment again.

Called up tech support, she asked me to hold on to the sync buttons on both base station and camera for 10 secs and release. At this point I was questioning if this would ever work. She asked me to open ports 80, 443 and 123. Tried sync again, did not work.

Tried placing the camera with power chold plugged in, no luck again. So now the technician seems to have given up on this box. I had another unopened box, I asked her if she can assure me that it would work. She said it would but wanted to take a 5 min break and that she would call back and help with installation. Its been 2 hours now and I have not received a call yet :-(. Not sure what to do next.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

pull battery for about a min... reinstall ( blue led should flash once.

Pres base sync button with QUICK press... DO NOT hold for 2 secs.

Press the camera sync button.

If all good, the cameras led will flash quickly blue when successful

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
reachshivas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried that, did not work
LeeC_757
Guide
Guide

I'm having the exact same issue. I started trying yesterday and again today with the same result. Reset the base station and modem, checked my internet staus with my provider, did a speed test, etc. Even tried syncing Arlo Pro cameras to original Arlo base station and syncing orginal Arlo cameras to Arlo Pro base station and nothing, Can't even get my original cameras to sync back to orginal base station now?! I'm beyond livid!!!

LeeC_757
Guide
Guide

Just got off of an online chat with Arlo support and they asked me to do everything they asked you to do and every other thing I tried and same result. Nothing!

Dr_S_HG
Guide
Guide

Hi,

similar issue here - fpur previously installed cameras are working nicely, but newly bought cameras just won't connect to the base....

Any new insights on how this problem can be solved?

With kind regards,
Sascha

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base. Reinsert camera batteries. Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Any luck?

Dr_S_HG
Guide
Guide

Hi, thanks for the quick response

Unfortunately it did not help, same result as before...

Pressing base station button briefly did not work, had to press for at least 1 second to make status light flash

Best regards,

Sascha

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check to verify that your base firmware is up to date. Otherwise, you may want to swap the cameras at the store or open a case with support here.

Dr_S_HG
Guide
Guide
Thanks - unfortunately no firmware updates available

Will contact customer service tomorrow

Thanks

Sascha