Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

email address already in use

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
McShark
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the VMS-4230 wireless camera system, but I'm unable to create an Arlo account using my email address (address already in use error message). I tried setting up an account with a junk email address, but I was unable to change it back to my main email address. I do have a Netgear account, so that is probably why it is not letting me use my main address.. Is there anyway around this so I will be able to use my main email address? If not, this system is useless, and i will be returning it. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

McShark,

Have you tried signing in to the existing account? You may need to contact Arlo Support to further investigate the issue. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

JamesC

McShark
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Yes, I'm able to sign-in to my existing Netgear account (MyNetgear).

The problem is, I'm not able to use that same username (email address) for my Arlo account, and this is a major issue.

What is the best way to contact Arlo Support?  I've haven't been able to reach anyone through email or chat.

McShark

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx is the only method. If the other options aren't working for any reason, use the phone support. 

Since you seem to have been able to set the system up with the junk address, have you tried changing it in Settings, Profile and then verify it?

McShark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried to use my account settings to change back to my main email address.  But I get the same error message when I do that;  "that account name is already being used".  There should be another way to setup a unique username, that is not an email address, since the email address obviously creates a conflict within the Arlo/Netgear database.

Lajo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Account works fine on the website but not to setup my new Arlo Pro due to this issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Lajo

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you -  Arlo Tech Support