Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dislikes of new Arlo App v 2.5.3.22376

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Twinkle
Star
Star

new arlo App was updated Aug 08 2018.  >> prior to this new ver. I would a notification sound each time a camera detected motion --no matter how many cameras.--It would alert me of the LAST camera that detected motion. I would get the ARLO icon once on my phone--no matter how many dectections were recorded. I would clear the icon and view the Library for the actual recordings--same as the number of sound sent to my phone.

NOW--with the new version --I get an ARLO icon for EVERY dectection.  Hence,  I can get 10 ARLO icons on my phone vs only one in the prior version. This is a waste of time and my BATTERY. I now have to clear 10 icon vs only one in the prior version.

ARLO, please revert back--this can not be of any use to anyone. All we need is one icon (number of  sound notifications still remain the same)-I can clear until the next time the cameras detect motion(s) .

Please advise--this is a waste of Battery.

1 REPLY 1
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I haven't updated to latest version yet because I like to see what issues are being reported first. But now I will because I'm glad we finally get a notification for every camera. Just the opposite of you, I want to get an alert that cam1 recorded and cam2 recorded and cam3 recorded and have them all stay in the android notification center, so for times when I'm not glued to my phone I can look and see oh, I need to check video for cam 1, 2 and 3, instaed of just seeing the last cam recorded notification and then having to go into the library and look to see what else recorded and when. I suppose if you have a lot of cams and they are constantly going off it could be too much, but for me it's a welcome change.

Also, just to add...... you can set android to only show recent notifications (last 3) if you wanted. For clearing notifications, you don't have to do each arlo notification at once you should be able to clear all of them at once by either hitting clear or by swiping sideways on the notification group header, which should clear all at once. As long as arlo coded theirs that way, I know in smartthings I can clear 10 at once with one swipe. I haven't received more than one notification yet so can't test swipe once to clear all yet.