Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera offline, can't resync to review my videos

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tkal
Aspirant
Aspirant

To whom it may concern.. I am very disappointed with my arlo pro. When I purchase my Arlo Pro the first time I even disregarded that doesn't come with his own battery charger which we all know the battery is a very expensive I let that slide second of all when I found out that night visions is not all that like you guys advertised. Minor situation start occurring after a couple of months that the model goes off line. So I purchase a stronger Wifi service to help it out. so now I can't even resync to review my videos that is recorded online. Now I have to purchase an analog camera running through a DVR with different brand just to do my security stuff at my home while I'm trying to troubleshoot you guys camera. I spent good money on these two cameras and I spent a lot more on the batteries and the battery charges itself now with the drop off line and none resyncing I had to purchase a brand new stronger Wi-Fi service and that's not even working with it I'm very very disappointed but I'm more disappointed about is that it's making me feel uncomfortable having your security system in my home that you guys told us consumers by purchasing the cameras you would feel safe and secured. With that being said I must have spent least almost $700 after purchasing my arlos with with the Arlo cameras in the battery chargers and all this predicament that's occurred I have to buy a DVR and a different brand that's a analog camera just to take care of the security part while I'm trying to trouble shoot you guys just cameras I don't feel too safe or satisfied we all this problems is occurring we should never happened in the first place of it like you guys advertise. I just feel like I got ripped off now who do I speak to

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Go to the bottom of the page and Contact Support

The Arlo Pro cameras will have no improvement from you buying a better wifi router. In fact, it may make things worse with interference. I find the Arlo Pro night vision extremely good and a huge step up from the Arlo wirefree cameras.

Arlo Pro do come with a USB charger that you plug into the USB port of the camera

Tkal
Aspirant
Aspirant
To whom it may concern first of all I thank you for your reply and second may I remind you that I am the consumer I did purchase the surveillance cameras from you company and to reply with your night vision . Let me also remind you that your pixels on your on your night vision mode it's not that decent cuz basically you start seeing things that's that's not supposed to be there I'm talking about pixel ghosts I don't know if you know what that is but with that being said if you want that to be more clear you have to put the video settings into a part where it kills the battery faster where's the win-win situation in that for the consumers. With that being said I'm not here to be hostile or to reply back and forth with sarcastic remarks I'm theconsumer sir you have to understand we spend our money with your product I think we're not even getting our money's worth. So tell me the part where that's a win-win situation for the consumers thank you
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'm a consumer too. I don't work for Netgear. I spent my money just like you. In fact, it's worse because in my part of the world, a 4 camera Arlo Pro kit costs $1600. They just gave me this purple badge thingy because I've been here a while and help people out where I can.

I'm not sure why you expect a win-win with regards to better quality and battery life. It seems logical to me that increasing the quality of the stream would automatically reduce battery life by the transmission of a greater amount of data. Doesn't that seem logical to you?

If you would like help with your issue, let us (other users) know or contact netgear support. If you don't actually want help, also let us know.
You describe ghosting. Can you share one of your videos with us here? What's the distance between the camera and the base station? How many walls are between the base station and camera? Are there other sources of wifi interference that could be causing the issue? If we work through some simple steps, we can probably help resolve your issue. Again, if you don't actually want help, no problem either; just let us know.
Thanks
Just another Arlo user, just like you