Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

battery lift

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Freddy112178
Tutor
Tutor

i have 4 sets of cameras that are located into different areas of my house. however, i am recharging at least 2 of the cameras once a week. The battery life is stated to last 4-6months and I am getting 1 week with a 100%.

is there a way to make the battery last longer, in terms of video recording length, having it on schedule, or a short distance.

I had sent a ticket in for support and all i recevied back was the batteries last 4-6month which they dont.

can someone please assist.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Tell us more about your usage and positioning. What's the various WiFi indicators showing?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On the Pro...  with normal spec record/live views should at least get a few months...

Remember, the batteries are finite in usage and the more you use them , the less time they last... Mostly the time spec'ed by Netgear is in 'armed' mode more than actual recordings which is how the system was designed ...btw, spec usage is <5 mins per day of recordings / live viewing

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Freddy112178
Tutor
Tutor

everyone keeps telling me normal specs.I am still learning the settings and when someone states normal settings, i have no idea.

can you advise what the normal specs are. because i have 0 battery life on all of my cameras

Freddy112178
Tutor
Tutor

I have four cameras, one in the backyard two in the front, by the driveway and side of the house. the WIFI connection is good as well. the cameras records either on audio or motion or both for about 12 secs.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Normal settings are those found in the Armed mode (Mode tab, click on your base, edit the Armed mode to see the settings) as well as in Settings.

The normal spec for battery life, as defined in the FAQs and literature found here, is 5 minutes or less of recording and live viewing per day on average.  The more you use the camera, the more the batteries deplete.  The WiFi connection between the cameras and base is important, too, with strength, distance, house construction, number of walls and ceilings the signal has to pass through, ductwork, other 2.4GHz wireless devices in the vicinity, etc. all playing part.  Bring a camera close to the base and see if battery life improves with the same usage - if so, it's the camera and/or base position that's the issue.